Thursday, September 20, 2007

Score and score

Two stories today. One, guy gets girl. The other, girl gets guy. Two very different sources, but both inspirational to me.

The first was the guy I mentioned yesterday in this very blog. He and I went on one date last spring (see Sept. 19 http://theuniversalflow.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html). Today he wrote to tell me he met a woman that he's been dating for four months. It made me feel so good! He's a great guy. He's just not my great guy. And he persevered on the dating site and it paid off.

The other story I loved today was an interview piece on author Elizabeth Gilbert I saw on www.beliefnet.com. Anyone who is even remotely in my life knows how obsessed I was with her wonderful book, Eat, Pray, Love earlier this summer. I even began this blog with an entry about it (see July 8 post http://theuniversalflow.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html). In the Love portion of the book, which is non-fiction, she meets a wonderful Brazilian man in Indonesia. Well, in this interview today I read that they have since gotten married and live in New Jersey!

Beautiful.

No comments: